- Type of writing expected Cause and Effect and Comparison-Contrast
- Length requirements 500 words
- Formatting requirements MLA format
- Documentation format MLA citations necessary
- Amount or type of research expected Minimal outside research necessary
- The focus of this second essay will be on cause-effect and comparison-contrast. You have two options regarding the subject matter:
Write a cause and effect essay discussing a historical event. Be sure to focus on either the cause or the effect of the event. Also, try to focus your paper on a specific event. For example, instead of writing about the Second World War, you should focus on a moment in that war, such as the attack on Pearl Harbor. Remember to be specific and detailed in your writing. Some things you might want to think about:
- What was the causal chain that led to the event?
- What were the ramifications of the event? How is the world different because of it?