In the management consulting business, tools are used to analyze companies and industries. This allows for understanding industry dynamics and therefore provide insightful and integrated recommendations.
To understand a business, we first need to look at their mission, vision and organizational values. It is therefore important to understand the difference between a mission statement and a vision statement in conjunction with value statements.
Define what a mission, vision and value statement is. Explain why you feel they are important.
To understand these concepts, select a company of your choice that is public.
Share the mission, vision and value statements of your selected company. Provide a link to the information. Evaluate the mission, vision and value statements and discuss what is good or not so good about them. Provide recommendations that you would make to improve this information.
Critique the information provided by others in accordance with discussion question guidelines.
Please review the Alaska Airlines case and consider the following questions as you develop a case analysis. Your paper should be no less 7 (not including cover and reference pages) in length but there is no maximum. Format your paper in the APA style and provide at least 5 supporting references which are cited properly. Please refer to rubric in Getting Started.
Strategic change begins with an awareness state, during which strategic leaders notice major or persistent blips on the radar screen and work to recognize, identify and understand what is happening and what to do next while a new course is being plotted. Analyzing this state involves examining trends and key events, both within the internal organization and in the external environment. This state provides the back story by setting the historical context, modd and starting cast of characters. At this point of change, a clear strategic initiative has not yet been determined, but the nature of the strategic issue is being clarified.
- What tools could Alaska Airlines leaders have used to increase their awareness of internal and external issues?
- Which issues are foreseeable, and which are completely unpredictable
- How might Alaska leadership have anticipated some of the problems that emerged in the awareness state, thereby avoiding some of the consequences noted?
- What aspect of Alaska Airlines organizational culture reinforced what occurred in this state, and how might a focus on transforming its culture have averted some of the problems?
- If you were to have coached the top management team early in the new millennium, what might you challenged them on in terms of their leadership at Alaska?
- What typical factors contributed to the challenges that affected Alaska Airlines? What factors unique to the airline industry contributed to Alaska Airlines problems?
Note: All papers are reviewed using Safe Assign. Be sure to cite all work. A goal should be approximately 20% similarity.