In last week’s Individual Project, you selected at least 2 topics that you surmised were critical issues in the modern criminal justice system. The topics were to come from issues, problems, and policies from law enforcement, corrections, or the court system. Consider that you are working toward a final capstone project position paper, and make a selection of 1 of the topics you picked.
In this assignment, you will expound on one of the topics you selected by conducting a literature review. Use the literature you developed for references to prepare an analysis of the topic, and identify required changes, revocation, or additions to the issue, problem, or policy you selected for study. Here, you will provide research analysis to defend your position on the selected topic.
- Address the following in a literature review
- What topic have you selected for this assignment? Explain.
- How did you select the topic you are researching? Explain.
- Now, take the sources from the annotated bibliography, and conduct a literature review.
- Address the following in 12 pages:
- Why is this topic important to the criminal justice system and the citizens of the United States? Explain.
- What are the various topic issues, problems, or policies associated with your selected topic? Explain in detail.
- What do you propose as the changes to these topic issues, problems, and policies? Explain in detail.
- Defend your changes with articulated support from legitimate peer-reviewed reference sources. This is absolutely critical for your paper to be taken seriously.
- Tip: The defense of your paper cannot be stressed enough. You must take care to support factual statements with valid reference material.
- Use the criticism of the instructor in this course for this paper as a guide toward a rewrite if necessary to make your final capstone project a major success.
- Remember not to take it personally when you are criticized in terms of modifications to the paper.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.