ABC Capital Management is one of the most prestigious asset management companies in the country. It has been managing the wealth of America for over 100 years. It utilizes various forms of fundamental, technical, and quantitative analyses in the design and implementation of its several investment strategies and portfolios. Today, ABC Capital is a global investment management firm that continues to focus on rigorous research and the development of innovative, practical investment strategies. Because of this, ABC Capital is able to achieve the goals of its clients: individuals, pension funds, endowment funds, banks, insurance companies, foundations, and sovereign wealth funds.
You work as a junior portfolio manager with ABC Capital. ABC has assigned you an existing client of the firm. ABC provides you the client’s existing portfolio and the previous year’s performance. In the process of reviewing with your client, you find out that the client is very nervous about market risk. The client is more concerned with preserving his wealth than growing it, but the client needs a 3% income stream and a total return of at least 5%. In addition to this, the client indicates that he wants to keep his portfolio as eco-friendly as possible. Assume broad market returns are 8% annually and use the current 1-year treasury yield.
- Create a new Investor Policy Statement (IPS) based on the new information you received from the client.
- Create a presentation with two parts:
- Evaluation of previous year’s performance, indicating the description of allocation, performance, risk/return metrics including alpha, beta, Sharpe ratio, Treynor ratio, and standard deviation.
- Outline of your recommendation for an allocation change indicating the description of allocation, expected performance, risk/return metrics including alpha, beta, Sharpe ratio, Treynor ratio, and standard deviation. Include the metrics for the portfolio as a whole.
- Support your analysis and recommendation by completing all required calculations in the spreadsheet linked below.
For help creating your PowerPoint slides, please use the guide found here.
For help writing a business report, please use the guide found here.
You will need to submit the Excel workbook, your PowerPoint presentation, and the IPS as a Word document for this deliverable. Put all 3 files into a zip file saved as your initial and last name (a_student.zip) and attach it to the submission box below.